If you are unsatisfied with your appearance, there are many options at your disposal (both surgical and non-invasive options) to address any present issues. But with so many options, a lot of patients have a difficult time figuring out what’s best for them. In this article, we are going to discuss the thread lift procedure and who is a good candidate for this particular cosmetic treatment.
What is a Thread Lift?
A thread lift is a cosmetic procedure in which the patient’s skin is “lifted” with the use of temporary sutures. Instead of removing portions of skin, the plastic surgeon stitches portions of it up – essentially suspending it and leading to a tighter look.
Who Can Benefit from a Thread Lift?
With any cosmetic procedure, it’s important to determine whether or not you are a good candidate before proceeding with treatment. Thread lifts can be beneficial for many patients, including those with any of the following:
- Skin laxity
- Drooping chin
Ultimately, a plastic surgeon is needed to determine whether or not a thread lift is a good option for you. During your initial surgical consultation, your plastic surgeon will evaluate your particular situation, explain your options to you, and work with you to develop a treatment strategy that fits your individual needs.
Best Candidate for Thread Lift
Here are some criteria that can help you determine if you are a good candidate for a thread lift:
- Age demographic: 30-65
- Preferable to have no prior plastic surgery of the area being treated
- Ok to have previous injections with neurotoxins or dermal fillers, as long as performed greater than two weeks prior
- Candidates should have some or all of the following to be considered as a patient/model:
- Mild to Moderate flat & ptotic cheek tissue (cheeks have fallen creating nasolabial folds)
- Mild to moderate jowling / descent of the lower third of the face
- Mild to moderate brow ptosis (droopy eyebrows)
- Mild neck cutaneous bands – patients with platysmal bands or excess skin are not good candidates for the procedure
- Crepey skin of the area of the face or body being treated
- Mild to moderate ptosis of the body area being treated (breasts, buttocks)
- Mild folding of skin above knees, elbows
- Models should be calm in nature, willing to get injected in front of a group and able to tolerate mild to moderate pain. Preferably, individuals have previously had aesthetic injectables.
- Currently not taking any blood thinning medication, Omega 3’s, Vitamin E, Ginko, Ginseng, Garlic, anti-inflammatories, steroids, or neuromuscular blockers
- Not allergic to lidocaine or epinephrine
- No active infections including colds, sinus infections, upper respiratory infections, cold sores, or rashes
Facial Plastic Surgery Clinic in St. Paul, MN
If you are searching for a top-notch cosmetic clinic in the Twin Cities area, look no further than Riverview Facial Plastic & Total Body Aesthetic. Dr. Daniel Schneider has years of experience as a board-certified plastic surgeon. He puts his skills to work and provides the best possible care to every patient who walks through our doors. Reach out to us today at our St. Paul plastic surgery clinic to set up your consultation for Dr. Schneider and the rest of the team at Riverview Facial Plastic.